Window Cleaning Tips...
- If you're using Sparkle for the first time, you may notice a haze on your glass and mirrors. This is most likely happening because the commercial brand of window cleaner you were previously using contained wax which over time has built up and now needs to be removed. If this happens, spray the windows or mirrors with SPARKLE or if you're like me and love the smell, straight distilled white vinegar in a spray bottle then let it sit for a minute or five. Wipe off using a clean, lint free rag. Make sure the rag does not contain fabric softener, liquid or sheets, as this too will cause build up and streaks. Once you've removed the wax, try cleaning them again and watch your windows and mirrors Sparkle!
- Reduce streaking by doing your windows on a cloudy day or when the sun isn't directly on them. Streaks usually occur when the sun dries the window cleaning solution too quickly.
- Microfiber towels work well but you can also use clean, dry towels that have not been washed or dried with fabric softener. You can also recycle your newspaper by using pages in place of towels. If you must use paper towels, please use the recycled ones available on the market today.
- Use a clean, dry towel to polish windows after cleaning. Gives them a great shine!
- Best tip, wipe outside glass in a vertical direction and inside glass in a horizontal direction. Why? In the event you missed a spot, or didn't quite clean it thoroughly. you'll be able to tell what side it's on by the direction of the towel marks. You're welcome!